Submitted by Sal Silvester on June 8, 2011
Team in Name Only
- Unclear purpose, unclear agenda
- Individual egos, goals, and silos first
- Fear of debate, how others will react
- Meetings are a distraction from "real work"
- Rely on leader to integrate, accountability
Submitted by Sal Silvester on June 6, 2011
Rule #1: Do not avoid the difficult conversations. Your people will know, and you'll lose credibility in their eyes.
Rule #2: Everything you communicate can be done in a way that maintains or enhances a team member's self-esteem.
Rule #3: Own your feedback. Stop saying "we" think and start saying "I" think.
Rule #4: Ask for input.
Rule #5: Communicate what you know and what you don't know.