Using real-world, practical techniques, your leaders will hone their skills and be prepared to create sustainable success for your organization. Based on Sal Silvester's book Ignite! The 4 Essential Rules for Emerging Leaders, this longer-term training program ignites the potential of your emerging and future leaders.
Effective leaders know how to align their teams, foster collaboration, and build team member commitment. But what often happens is that people get “promoted” to management positions without even an inkling of leadership development. Instead of being able to rapidly garner team member commitment and transform that into action, they get bogged down focusing on project management tasks and putting out fires.
If your emerging leaders are like many other new and mid-level leaders, they are probably enthusiastic and willing to learn, but struggling to reach their potential. In fact, they are probably trying to navigate the following challenges that the Ignite Leadership Development Program is designed to address head on:
The three challenges limiting emerging leader effectiveness:
- Creating focus. Today’s business environment is moving at a tireless pace, and leaders are called upon more than ever to do more with less. With so many priorities to juggle, leaders often struggle to be effective as they get sucked into spending time IN the business, focusing on the urgent day-to-day issues, instead of ON the business, focusing on creating alignment and nurturing a healthy culture.
- Maximizing team member performance. New and mid-level leaders are often reluctant to either give up control (which results in micro-managing) or reluctant to assert themselves (which results in avoidance). Either way, these behaviors often lead to reduced team member commitment and productivity. Leaders need the skills to set performance expectations and provide feedback.
- Dealing with ongoing business uncertainty. Productivity and performance are at stake when leaders struggle to effectively help their teams navigate the challenges of change. Today’s emerging leaders must be responsive and resilient to change.
What organizations really want for emerging leaders:
You want your emerging leaders to be able to align and guide their team members based on the strategic direction of their team or department. They need the team building skills to link the organizational objectives to team member performance and then direct, delegate, and motivate their team members based on individual needs and priorities. With alignment comes clarity and accountability.
You want your emerging leaders to have the skills and abilities to positively impact team member engagement and productivity. It’s not good enough just to get team members aligned; leaders must be able to get team members collaborating. This is the cornerstone of efficiency.
You want your leaders to reach a higher level of performance so you can focus less on their team and more on your strategic objectives. When your emerging leaders have the ability to set a vision for their own team, delegate responsibly, and communicate up effectively, this frees senior leaders to focus on the future and on the strategic agenda.
These objectives are not only obtainable but can be achieved in a very short period of time with a structured approach that provides support along the way.
The solution? The Ignite Leadership Development Program. This unique program accelerates leadership development, resulting in emerging leaders who can build team member commitment, reduce voluntary turnover of high performers, increase team member productivity, and ultimately help an organization capitalize on opportunities.
The Ignite Leadership Development Program cuts out the fluff often found in leadership development programs and focuses on the practical tools, skills, and behaviors that make leaders effective. Other benefits include:
- Creating focus by aligning “business objectives” with team member performance
- Higher levels of team member commitment and engagement by providing a clear vision and direction to team members and appealing to individuals’ personal aspirations
- Clarity of roles and responsibilities through clear performance expectations and the ability to provide performance feedback
- Better inter and intra team communication as silos and turf wars are eliminated
- Respect for team members’ differences enabling the leader to capitalize on the individual talents
- A more effective use of time as leaders balance when to delegate and when to take a more hands-on role
- Improved business processes as leaders learn how to challenge the status quo
- Fostering a “best places to work” culture by establishing a climate of open communication and a positive team working relationship
- A better understanding of “self” and the ability to tailor the environment that fits what team members need most
What you receive with The Ignite Leadership Development Program
Prior to the program we clearly identify measures of success. We work with clients to identify key metrics that will help measure the program’s return on investment.
The program begins with a 1-2 day leadership training workshop (onsite or offsite). Prior to the workshop participants will complete field work which includes a 360 degree assessment and professional reading. The offsite focuses on interpreting the 360 degree results and creating a personal leadership development plan.
Structured and time sensitive follow-up creates accountability to ensure that each leader progresses as quickly as possible.
- Follow-up Leadership Performance Sessions are conducted on a monthly basis and produce valuable insight as leaders discuss current challenges (sessions range in duration from two hours to one day)
- Three targeted 1-1 executive coaching sessions occur between Leadership Performance Sessions to help individuals learn more about themselves and learn how to lead team members at an individual level
- Personality style profiling to enhance the leader’s understanding of his/her leadership style and modify how to develop, direct, delegate, and motivate the people they lead
- Analysis of personal work place expectations to understand how personal expectations impact team members and how gaps impact team member engagement and productivity
- Individual reflection field work assignments help leaders create their own philosophy around leadership and align their words, values, and behaviors with action
- 4 self-paced e-learning courses with access to each for 365 days
- The Essential Skills of Leadership
- The Essential Skills of Communication
- Providing Performance Feedback
- A leadership project designed to deliver measurable organizational results while giving the emerging leader the opportunity to turn knowledge into action
- A comparison 360 degree assessment at the end of the program along with a personal action plan to generate next steps in their leadership development journey
In addition, we offer the following bonuses to help leaders build point skills:
- Access to 5.12 Solutions live recorded audio programs on various personal and professional topics
- Additional e-learning courses to close skill gaps
- Management action planning map with specific tips on how to best relate to team members
Is the Ignite Leadership Development Program a fit for your emerging leaders?
The Ignite Leadership Development Program has been run with medium-sized companies from a variety of industries including technology, manufacturing, healthcare, products, and federal government agencies. It is highly effective for new and mid-level leaders, and has even been rolled “up” to senior leaders.
The Ignite Leadership Development Program can also be tailored to address specific organizational challenges, such as:
- Project team leaders who need to enhance skills beyond project management
- Start-up companies that have funding and are looking to accelerate key leaders’ ability to get their product and/or service to market
- On-boarding of new leaders
- Integration of leaders after a merger or acquisition
If you have made it this far, you might be interested in taking the next step.
If so, I invite you to connect with me to schedule a complimentary Leadership Development Insight Session where we’ll explore your business challenges, current leadership capabilities, results you’d like to achieve, and determine if The Ignite Leadership Development Program is a fit for you.
The conversation will take about thirty minutes and can be done in person or by phone. Simply complete the form below to schedule your session.