People-First Leadership™ Seminar
with Sal Silvester
What is the purpose of this seminar?
Many new leaders get promoted because they were good at what they did - as a software engineer, QA analyst, nurse, etc. Yet, they are often unprepared and out of their element because they know that their transition into leadership will not only impact their own careers, but their organization as well. Front line leaders influence team member engagement, productivity, satisfaction, and attrition more than any other factor in an organization.
People don't typically leave their organizations. They leave their managers.
Suddently that's you... And just thinking about that can be overwhelming.
Welcome to People-First Leadership™. It's both a set of principles that leaders can implement and a philosophy of leadership that will ignite your potential as a leader and the potential of the people around you. People-First Leadership™ was first outlined in Sal Silvester's new book Ignite! The 4 Essential Rules for Emerging Leaders. And, the purpose of this seminar is to give leaders an overview of the People-First Leadership™ model so that they can elevate their effectiveness in the workplace.
What insights can you expect to gain?
During this 3-hour seminar, we'll outline our actionable and powerful 4-point People-First Leadership™ Model and explore the following topics.
- Lead by Example. This is the foundation of leadership and will either establish or kill your credibility. And, without credibility there is no leadership. During this section of the program, we'll guide you through an exercise to help you align your words with your actions.
- Align Your Team. This is all about getting people to work on the right things that are strategically aligned with the organization. But often times, leaders avoid the difficult conversations needed to make this happen. During this section we'll focus on showing you an effective and powerful method to providing team members with feedback that will result in commitment and action.
- Build Cohesion. Creating a team environment that is based on trust and respect is the cornerstone to efficiency. Easier said than done as people bring all sorts of differences into the workplace. Here we'll explore ways for you to create a team environment that not only understands but also appreciates those differences.
- Engage and Cultivate. How do you tailor your workplace to the needs of your people? Are you able to go beyond a one-size-fits-all approach to building commitment? During this section of the seminar, you'll learn some of the most important aspects to creating an environment that is motivating to your people.
Who is this program for?
This program was originally designed to be a gift for people who purchased Ignite! The 4 Essential Rules for Emerging Leaders. People who will benefit from this seminar include:
- Emerging, high-potential leaders who are looking for practical and powerful tools to elevate their effectiveness in leading their teams.
- Senior leaders who know that coaching and mentoring their junior leaders is part of their role.
- Trainers, coaches, and facilitators (both internal and external to an organization) who want to learn more about the possibilities of People-First Leadership™
What's included in the program?
- A 3-hour seminar with author and speaker Sal Silvester
- A copy of Sal's book Ignite! The 4 Essential Rules for Emerging Leader
- Action planning materials from the seminar
When and where will the program be conducted?
- When: July 18, 2012
- Time: 8:30 - 11:30
- Location: Spice of Life Events Center, 5706 Arapahoe Ave. Boulder, CO 80303
How much does it cost, and how do I register for this event?
The seminar is $149 per person and you can register by clicking the link below.