Build Cohesion and Trust
If the standard in today's workplace is to do more with less, then people have to be able to do more with less...together. Easier said than done, as we all bring our different perspectives, goals, values, and back- grounds into the workplace. People-First Leaders™ build cohesion by creating a culture that knows how to value and leverage the differences people bring into the workplace. In order to value differences, the culture must be founded on respect and trust. Without respect you can’t have trust, and without trust, it’s impossible to work on the right things together.
Respect and trust become the cornerstones of efficiency and cohesion.
Here are some resources to help you build cohesion and trust in your workplace.
Tools and Templates
- Motivations and Frustrations Team Exercise: Understand what people need from each other and what frustrates them.
- Create team norms.
- Use the speaker-listener technique to resolve conflict.
- Solve problems effectively with the Z-process – a problem-solving framework.
- View a sample Everything DiSC Workplace profile.
- The 5 Costliest Mistakes Teams Make
- Overcoming Challenges on Remote Teams - Parts 1-3 (Blog post)
- 8 Questions (Blog post)
- Three Challenges New Teams Face (Blog post)
Recorded Audio Programs
- Maximizing Team Effectiveness: Part 2 - Team Collaboration. (Utilizes DiSC Classic 2.0 Profile. Purchase here.)