Submitted by Sal Silvester on November 21, 2011
There couldn't be a better week to talk about gratitude. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are some ideas to show gratitude toward your people.
- Take the time to get to know your people. Find out what is exciting to each and every person.
- Create recognition practices that your people love. Research shows that the more satisfied employees are with the organization's recognition practices, the more productive and engaged they'll be.
- Be timely with your praise. Link your praise to specific behaviors.
- Catch your superstars in the act of being superstars. People want to know their contributions are seen, acknowledged, and valued.
- Ask each employee how they want to be recognized. Adapt the recognition practices that you can; keep the ones that are working.
- Link recognition efforts to organizational goals and values to create meaning, instead of the simple "great work" and pat on the back.
What are some ways in which you are showing gratitude this week toward your people?
Tags:recognition, recognition efforts, recognizing employees